Job Title: Administrator
Duty Station: Kanungu District
Employer: Tourism Sustainability Initiative (TSI)
Training: Diploma in tourism, SWASA, development studies or community psychology. Should have Credits in Math and English or better.
- Social media enthusiast
- Good communication skills
- Ability to network and build relations with local community
- Self driven and result oriented
- Experience with working in rural communities
TSIU is a registered Community Based Tourism (CBT) Organization limited by guarantee. It seeks to unlock the under-exploited potential of Community Based Tourism in the country.
Through partnering with local communities, tourists, development partners and the Government of Uganda, TSIU is primarily focused on cultural promotion, knowledge exchange and preservation of endangered customs, heritage sites and antiquities. It aims at empowering citizens to take charge of their own cultural heritage to strengthen tourism development in Uganda. This initiative will bridge poor people’s access to cultural assets and improve their social welfare through eco-sustainable livelihoods.
TSIU is starting with a regional office in Kanungu, and this is where the administrator will have to be based.
The Person shall be responsible for day to day activities of TSIU, including:
- Implementing approved activities of TSI in the region
- participating in the hiring process
- Running the Kanungu Office
- Making regular reports on activities and progress
- Create and follow activity plans to accomplish given goals
Applicants should have should have atleast a diploma and should be willing to move to Kihiihi, Kanungu. Added advantages include:
- Experience in the tourism and hospitality sector
- Ability to speak the local language(Runyankore/Rukiga)
- From the western region
- Creativity and a self driven attitude